Engage, Share, Participate: Widening Learning and Access to Archives through Social Media - Monday 13 June 2011
The National Records of Scotland, HM General Register House, Edinburgh EH1 3YY
This conference is intended for archivists, librarians and other heritage sector professionals charged with using their collections to support education programmes. Speakers from the archives and museums and galleries sector will share their first-hand experience of using social media to enhance users’ participation and engage with communities.
Presenters will include:
• Alan Muirden, Education and Outreach Operational Manager, Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland
• Ruth Honeybone, Conservator, and Laura Brouard, Assistant Archivist, Lothian Health Services Archives, University of Edinburgh
• Dr Jan Merchant, Assistant Archivist, Perth and Kinross Council Archives
• Gary Brannan, Archivist, and Catherine Taylor, E-services, West Yorkshire Archives, Wakefield
• Gail Durbin, Head of V&A Online, Victoria and Albert Museum, London
• Jo Pugh, Education Technical Officer, The National Archives, London
The day will consist of a mixture of presentations and will give you the opportunity to share ideas and interact with colleagues.
Cost: £65 members, £80 non-members, including tea/coffee and buffet lunch
Please visit www.archives.org.uk for bookings.
Archives and Records Centre
West Lothian Council
9 Dunlop Square
Deans Industrial Estate
Tel: 01506 773772